Love this recipe from FitSugar.com
Who doesn’t love a brownie? Nutritionist and registered dietitian Cynthia Sasshas created a recipe to healthify the treat: she adds spinach to the batter. Fear not! Your taste buds will have no idea these brownies are fortified with green stuff. Watch the video to learn just has she does it! (Click on the link for FitSugar to see the video)
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup organic raw sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups raw spinach
1/4 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In blender, whip the water, olive oil, vanilla, and spinach. Mix until smooth.
- Fold wet ingredients into the flour mixture until it forms a uniform batter. Add chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 15–20 minutes in preheated oven or until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with in-season fruit puree if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 350, fiber 3 g, protein 4 g.